On November 24th we had a wonderful vocal variety workshop conducted by Lieve de Wachter, professor Linguistics at KU Leuven. Lieve told us tell how to use our voice, with the right pitch and volume, and our body while speaking.
Lieve also pointed out:
- Examples of good and bad speakers
- Exercises used by media
- How to relax: Yawn :-), smile, head movements, gentle breathing
- Importance of resonance exercises
- That singing for 2 hours can be like 1000 sit-ups (Foo Fighters)
- Get into a good talking position before you start talking