- Toastmasters International is working on renovating Base Camp to improve user experience by taking design and development in-house.
- Soon members will be able to access all projects on all levels of their path.
- The 11th path, Engaging Humor is available! More about this path here.
- “Know your sense of humor” is a new elective project on Level 3. This project focuses on understanding what makes you laugh and how to share that with an audience.
- The traditional education program can be completed by June 30th 2020. From 1st July 2020, only Pathways can be followed by the members.
- The most popular paths are Presentation Mastery, Dynamic Leadership and Effective Coaching.
- Tips for members: before giving a speech outside of a club meeting, submit your external training completion for approval in base camp.
- Tips for Base Camp Managers: before approving a level, verify whether every project has been done by the member.
RESOURCES FOR NEW MEMBERS
The Navigator – Your guide to Toastmasters and the Pathways learning experience. Use it to learn about how a club works, key club officers and roles, the importance of evaluations and opportunities you have to grow your communication and leadership skills. This is the old version with 10 paths but gives a great overview.
Pathways Companion Guide – This comprehensive guide includes a project matrix, summary of the project purpose and an overview of the completion requirements. The document, put together by Mark Snow, is very useful for deciding which path you want to follow.
Access your Path – Video tutorial on how to navigate in Base Camp to access the path you have chosen. See how to access your projects, follow your progress through the path and access the second project after you gave your icebreaker.
Complete a project and level – After you have given your speech and completed a project, this video shows you how to check off a project and move to the next one. After you finished with all your projects, this video explains you how to complete the level.
Find an evaluation form – How to access the evaluation form of any project, even the ones that are not part of your path. This can come handy when you want to prepare for an evaluation of a project you are not familiar with.
RESOURCES FOR ADVANCED MEMBERS
Achievements and awards – In Pathways, you are recognized for every achievement and milestone you and your club reach. Whether you choose to explore one path or several, every step you take will be supported and celebrated along the way. Read about badges, certificates and awards.
The Distinguished Toastmaster achievement in Pathways – The DTM award represents the highest level of educational achievement in Toastmasters. Find out what the requirements are in Pathways.
Pathways Mentoring Program – There are four elements of The Toastmasters Mentoring Program in Pathways. In Level 2 all members complete the “Introduction to Pathways Mentoring” project. After completing Level 2, all members receive an optional curriculum “Pathways Mentor Program” which contains three sections: Prepare to Mentor, Mentoring and Advanced Mentoring.
RESOURCES FOR OFFICERS
Base Camp Manager duties – In each club, the vice president education (VPE) will serve as the Base Camp manager, with support from the club president and secretary. The VPE is responsible for conducting several tasks in Base Camp to ensure members are fully supported on their Pathways journey. This document will walk you through each of the main tasks. There’s also a video on BCM tasks.
DCP (Distinguished Club Program) – The Distinguished Club Program is an annual program, running from July 1 through June 30. The program consists of 10 goals for your club to obtain and it has been updated to include educations goals of Pathways.
Level completion email notification – When a members completes a level, a Base Camp Manager needs to approve it, after which a member can proceed to the next level. An email notification is sent about level completion, to the email address of the club, not to the personal email address of the Base Camp Managers.
Pathways presentation are uploaded here.